You’ve been selected as one of the 10 lucky readers to receive up to 50% OFF your birthday photoshoot. All you have to do is click the button below & fill out the quote form within the next 45 minutes to receive your discount.
10 Mistakes to Avoid During Your Birthday Shoot
- DON’T WAIT TOO LONG TO START PLANNING: A lot of people fall into the trap of “I’ll do it tomorrow”. This is your enemy, RUN from that voice inside your head and start planning gradually ahead of time.
- DON’T USE YOUR HOMEGIRL AS YOUR MAKEUP ARTIST: Except if she’s a professional and did your face before and you loved it!
- DON’T WEAR REGULAR CLOTHES FROM YOUR CLOSET: The outfit you chose to wear will set your final result from the photoshoot apart. A regular club outfit will result in a regular photoshoot. Think a little outside the box, look at sites like Pintrest and Google to get ideas how you want your shoot to look. If you have the funds, hire a professional stylist to help you with the look.
- DON’T BOOK AN UNRELIABLE PHOTOGRAPHER: These days there are lots of unprofessional photographers in the market place. They will take your money, provide low quality images, barely give you any direction during your shoot, won’t send you back your edits on time and worst of all talk to you inappropriately and try to grab body parts during shoot. Stay away from these sketchy characters. Do your due diligence to learn a little about the photographers reputation. Go on their instagram page and read some of their comments, see how to interact and respond to their followers.
- DON’T STAY UP ALL NIGHT THE DAY BEFORE YOUR SHOOT: Believe it or not, some girls will party all night and then show up to their photoshoot expecting miracles and magic to happen. If you are not well rested on your big day then expect a disaster to happen. Your beauty rest is essential on this day. You want your face look fresh and your energy to the max so you can be at your best and give the photographer the best version of you to capture.
- DON’T ATTEMPT A HAIRSTYLE YOU’VE NEVER TRIED BEFORE: This is not the best time to experiment with a new hair style. You need to feel super confident and your best. Look through some of your old photos and determine which hair style made you feel your best self and stick to that for your photoshoot.
- DON’T GO ALONE: Sometimes we all need that little extra boost from our home girls and closest friends. Ask the photographer if its okay to come with a few of your friends to cheer you on during your shoot. Creepy photographers would sometimes request you show up alone. This can be a telling sign of who to stay away from.
- DON’T FORGET TO MAKE A CHECKLIST: We all have so much going on in our daily lives, don’t be ashamed to make a checklist of everything you need to take with you to the shoot. Pull out your phone and put it in there. Things like your outfits, jewelry, accessories, props etc etc.
- DON’T FORGET TO SET YOUR HAIR AND MAKEUP APPT: Don’t forget to book your hair and makeup appointment at least 1-2 weeks ahead of your photoshoot date. You don’t want to be disappointed and blind sided if your stylist has no spots available. Plan ahead of time. Coordinate with your photographer and find out a good date then work around it to schedule the hair and makeup.
- DON’T BOOK WITHOUT A THEME IN MIND: A lot of people think its hard to find a theme for their shoot but its not as hard as you think. First ask yourself what defines you as a person then head over to Pintrest, Google, Instagram and get inspired!!